Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
beltaneboy
beltaneboy
39 posts

Edited Dec 04, 2012, 05:17
WORLD AIDS DAY TODAY - REMEMBER?
Dec 01, 2012, 17:50
Well it is world AIDS day today but talk about low - profile!
I've not heard or seen hardly a mention of it anywhere, not on TV, RADIO or even online! I would have thought at least Google would have a red ribbon or two on their homepage - but no - not a single one!

Not even on Gaydar (for those uninitiated: THE largest gay dating website in the UK (world?) is there any mention of world aids day or a single red ribbon to be seen anywhere! This despite recent figures showing that the largest group of newly diagnosed with HIV in the last year is gay men!
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Re: WORLD AIDS DAY TODAY - REMEMBER?
Dec 07, 2012, 15:00
I did remember, though have only just spotted this post, as I only drop in every week, or so.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Dec 07, 2012, 21:24
And gay men still can't donate blood in the UK, unless they've stayed celibate for over a year...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Dec 07, 2012, 22:10
It's worse here in the US. Gays can't donate blood at all.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 06, 2013, 01:07
In the UK, at least some progress has been made, in that there is there is no outright ban on gay blood donation. But the new guidelines still classify all gay men as unsafe as those who use prostitutes or sleep with intravenous drug users. This could give the impression that deeply ingrained discrimination persists.

The UK National Blood Service justifies its decision by detailing the increased risk of allowing gay men to donate blood freely. Without the one-year limit, the risk of HIV infection appears to climb to unacceptably high levels. But this disregards differences in behaviour within the gay community.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Feb 06, 2013, 01:30
Feb 06, 2013, 01:30
Well thanks alot, not that I don't hate your guts still, of course...

Anyways what alot of idiots in those positions don't understand is only a small percentage of gays even take part in risky behavior...
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Apr 19, 2013, 02:29
I didn't ask...but what did you mean by "risky behaviour"?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 19, 2013, 03:34
The kind of under-protected sex that would give you the risk of AIDS in the first place.

What I mean is anal sex, of course, which you might not know not every gay man partakes in.
ohwhyohwhyohwhy
ohwhyohwhyohwhy
9 posts

Apr 20, 2013, 13:16
that may be the case in the USA but a growing problem over here is young men deliberately having unsafe sex and the only reason being they want to contract the disease. it's quite disturbing the trend for finding a partner whose HIV+
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 20, 2013, 15:28
Must be kinda why people want to be heroin addicts or something. Some kind of deathwish...

Well luckily (or maybe such) I hear there's now AIDS test kits available in pharmacies now. When I had my AIDS test way back when I had to go to an office where they took a sample of my blood. I lucked out that time -- turned out negative. I wonder if I should take it again just in case, though? I haven't done anything really risky since then...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index