Wrong, in more ways than one

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Wrong, in more ways than one
Nov 09, 2012, 15:15
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2026558

Pretty deplorable bit of telly, but why on earth does Cameron cite this as a possible with hunt against gays?

Surely he doesn't think paedophiles are 'gay' because (assuming they are male) they prefer sex with young boys to sex with young girls.

That doesn't make them 'gay' it makes them paedophiles!

I know it was a difficult sutiation, but the thought never crosses my mind.

:-/

x
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: Wrong, in more ways than one
Nov 09, 2012, 15:26
sanshee wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2026558

Pretty deplorable bit of telly, but why on earth does Cameron cite this as a possible with hunt against gays?

Surely he doesn't think paedophiles are 'gay' because (assuming they are male) they prefer sex with young boys to sex with young girls.

That doesn't make them 'gay' it makes them paedophiles!

I know it was a difficult sutiation, but the thought never crosses my mind.

:-/

x

I assumed he was talking about ill-informed witch-hunters acting on rumours and the like, similar to those who went after paediatricians a few years ago.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 09, 2012, 15:38
Yeah, sure. It's just the 'gay' bit I don't get. I mean, they're not citing Savile as being 'straight' coz he went for underage girls and not boys.

x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 09, 2012, 16:19
Much as I dislike D-Cam I think he was right to get annoyed at This Mornings completely cack-handed stunt. I wondered whether that on 'the list' were names who he knew to be gay and kind've blurted it out.

Either way, it was a cheap n tasteless telly stunt I thought and there's an unfortunate deja vu feeling of the tabloids stirring shit up and pointing fingers as before.

I also think Jonathon Dimbleby was right to ask for a sense of calm and rationale before the tabloids decide, for the rest of us, that the BBC is a nest of paedophiles. The press, particularly the right-wing, love stickin it to the Beeb whom they see as a privileged set of mostly Oxbidge educated left-leaning but State-funded intellectuals. There may be some truth to that, and there are questions that need to be asked and answered for sure. But the BBC didn't turn Jimmy Savile in to a creepy paedophile - he managed that all by himself and inquiries should be made accordingly before the lynch mobs run riot...again.

Time for the Brasseye special to be shown again maybe?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 09, 2012, 17:01
It's all outrageous. Such a dark, serious matter, easily reduced to tittle-tattle.
Almost seems a chunk of the masses 'want' more paedophiles to gawp at.
Read a good book about the dangers of the freedom of the internet.
News Papers are rightly prosecuted when appropriate, but who can prosecute some bloke in his jim-jams spreading his own fantasie for he and the rest of the world to w*nk over?
It all goes forth and multiplies and in the end, no one cares about the truth much. So true victims are in danger of becoming soooooo last week.
x
U-Know! Forum Index