U-Know! Forum »
Respect

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Respect
Apr 01, 2012, 17:38
Stray's posts pretty much sum up how I feel re: Gorgeous George. What defines him as far as policy is concerned is what he 'isn't', not what he 'is'. He may 'say' some things I find myself nodding appreciately to, nonetheless his status as a Saddam (and his "indefatigiblity") sucking, self-serving glory hound render him actively inert as something I could genuinely believe in. He may well have thought that being on Celebrity Big Brother was a way of taking 'radical' (as in not anyone from the main parties) politics to the 'masses', but it just served to underline he'd probably go to the opening of an envelope if it furthered the Brand of "George".

Whilst I am in agreement that, yes, it's always a jolly wheeze when the usual suspects get a bloody nose in these matters, I'd rather it'd been the bloody Monster Raving Loony Party that had done it rather than that appalling ego-on-legs.

I mean what did he do straight after the election? Knuckle down to implementing policy? No, he stood on top of a double-decker bus having a victory parade and basking in his own reflected glory.

He could announce a cure for cancer and I'd still think he was a dodgy toolbag.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index