38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Apr 01, 2012, 04:15
Re: Respect
Apr 01, 2012, 03:44
Thanks Myers and MrsSevenrealms, this whole event to me is extremely important, and its a worrying setback.

PMM wrote:
Regardless of Galloway, it's still good in my opinion that voters have bothered to turn out and vote for a radical alternative.

No PMM, it isn't, not where Galloway is concerned. You do know about the regimes he's supported and some of the crap he's come out with in the past right ?

The thing is we are, as far as I'm concerned, living in a very critical time. This is especially true for anyone or any party espousing a radical alternative as you say. Having the spotlight on the antics of this prick during this time is going to be as hugely damaging for the revolutionary left (or any radical) as the spotlight on Hatton was in the 1980s. Any political group has to acknowledge this, and try to put as much distance between him and themselves as possible.

I say start a campaign against him before the right does, because my god, think about it, this is a gift to Cameron and his cabinet heading into a summer of olympics, protests and strikes. They've now got their performing self interested demon to nail all the upcoming crap on (and Respect will get it too as much as Uncut will and anyone else who doesn't start making some distance from this guy now). Do you all want to keep your head down and just hold onto your friends like in the 1980s again ? I'm not going to play that bloody game again.

Yes, people will vote for a radical alternative now, thats a good thing, but thats in Bradford. I can't see it happening nationally, thats silly talk. I can however see; a good wave of national protests, actions and new parties, new strategies, new networks of activists and new ideas forming in the coming year or so. Thats the proper focus, not bloody by-election hiccups.

Come on, we may all be ridiculously desperate to see something, anything positive at all right now, but lets not act like it.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index