38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Mar 31, 2012, 09:39
Re: Respect
Mar 31, 2012, 09:25
Odd. If you get any kind of positive rise out of anything that comes out of his mouth I guess you don't know him very well. Everything he says is just hollow posturing, no matter how accurate it may be. Just because his language is a bit more 'old school' it doesn't mean that its anymore meaningful or genuine than when Ed Milliband speaks of his concern for 'low income families'. Listening to him talk creates the same bile rising derision in my gut that listening to Cameron does or listening to Blair did (actually moreso because he openly wraps himself in the flag of a politic that I do have a great deal of time for, although its no longer my own politic). Why on earth bring up Blair now anyway ? I know Respect probably do, as they are stuck in some kind of circular rut related to the point in time when they were formed. I've no time for their popular front style bullshit myself.

No he does not 'beat Cameron or Blair', he drags a lot of good people who are actually fighting for worthwhile ideas down by appropriating their rhetoric for his own personal gain. The next time that he fucks up through acting purely in his self interest, which he undoubtedly will, his shit will end up sticking to good people and more importantly to good ideas.

Yes, hating the tories is actually a commonplace and reasonable viewpoint, hearing an elected offical saying it on telly is about as mindblowing to me as seeing that the sky is still there when I get out of bed in the morning. It changes absolutely nothing. Also using the words 'Poor people' as if they were a valid constituency you found refreshing, christ, that just makes me thing you've become extraordinarily isolated and desperate. Again it changes nothing in terms of any wider public perception of reality, even in the truly out of touch and comfortably insulated isolated.

What about the 'poor people' of Bradford who now have an elected offical that will do absolutely sweet fuck all for them, and who has just used them for the sake of his own profile.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index