U-Know! Forum »
"Abandon Liverpool!" they said..

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 30, 2011, 11:31
"Abandon Liverpool!" they said..
Dec 30, 2011, 11:19
Tory plan to essentially consider creating ghettos in the 80's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16355281

A similar notion was posited in Los Angeles by some republican nutter regarding places like South Central some years back.
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Re: "Abandon Liverpool!" they said..
Dec 30, 2011, 14:56
Hmmm... Geoffrey Howe suggested it, it appears. Another nasty little sod.
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Dec 30, 2011, 17:37
I think this story reveals some of the true, callous nature that was at the heart of the Thatcher government. I'm sure a lot more stuff like this will be revealed over the next 10 years. Really abhorent. Many of tthese people are still there behind the scenes of the current Tory party, and young people who can't remember the Torys of the 80s need to be made aware of this stuff.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Dec 31, 2011, 15:14
Yes - "managed decline" is a euphemism if I ever heard one. Not quite on a par with "ethnic cleansing", but still.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 31, 2011, 15:53
Dec 31, 2011, 15:53
And it indicates, if it needed spelling out any further, their absolute disregard, if not complete contempt, for anything North of Watford.

I mean, it's incredible really. To think that a supposedly civilised, Western democracy would even get within a smidge of a sniff of sticking an idea like that on the table. It beggars belief.

AGH! Massive wanksters deluxe with bum boils to go!
hedgedruid
87 posts

Re:
Jan 10, 2012, 14:03
bauheed wrote:
I think this story reveals some of the true, callous nature that was at the heart of the Thatcher government. I'm sure a lot more stuff like this will be revealed over the next 10 years. Really abhorent. Many of tthese people are still there behind the scenes of the current Tory party, and young people who can't remember the Torys of the 80s need to be made aware of this stuff.

Yes, the generation that did not see the awful totalitarianism of the 80,s need to be aware of the evils that were done - try reading "Battle of the Beanfield " by Andy Worthington .
U-Know! Forum Index