58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Apr 14, 2011, 03:16
Re: The French banning the niqab/burka
Apr 13, 2011, 17:20
After the increasing number of incidents of schoolchildren going home with the wrong mothers by mistake, I say it's probably a good thing... ;)

Considering what a vast minority of Muslim women in Belgium and France actually wear burqas (a fraction of a percentage), it's obviously more of a political/racial statement than a law that has a practical effect on too many people, which makes it even worse. It's just an excuse to distinguish Muslims as being persona non grata in the eyes of the government (even if they're one of the 99% of female Muslims abroad who don't ever wear burqas). Europe may be ahead of America in many regards, but there's still a distinct tang of racism to be found in a lot of supposedly progressive countries. Prob because most countries here don't have the same mongrel roots as the U.S. I doubt most of us would elect Obamas of our own.

Mr. Cope's opinions on this matter are practically one of the only things we disagree with (oh, and I like Can's Future Days quite a bit more than him, too).
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index