CS Gas at Peaceful Protest

133 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: CS Gas at Peaceful Protest
Feb 03, 2011, 02:37
Hi Merrick, I know I should learn, that whatever I say, you will take a left spin on it. Maybe I am "out of touch", but I think on my "generalist" points, they do pass the "man on the clapham omnibus" test.
That said, I do enjoy following the board... but appreciate I am in a minority.
I would hope that at some point you might feel inclined to recognise the good public service, that in many cases is provided and funded by government. I would also be interested to know, whether or not you feel the Police are doing a good job and working in favour of the citizen?
I have taken a second look at the several videos (via Youtube) covering the CS Gas incident in question.
My overiding view is that the protest is intimidatory, obstructive and there is clear verbal abuse to the Police. I don't see this as "peaceful protest"...but I haven't seen anything (on video) that supports the use of CS gas/pepper spray either.
As I wasn't there, I would recommend that if anyone did consider the Police response inappropriate, they should make a formal complaint.
I presume, if there is a case to answer, there will be witnesses - protestors and Boots employees, at least?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index