CS Gas at Peaceful Protest

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: CS Gas at Peaceful Protest
Feb 10, 2011, 22:55
grufty jim wrote:

Right, so rather than actually engage constructively with an ongoing discussion, you'd prefer to drag up a frustrated remark I made six months ago, attack me personally and play "the victim" whenever you're challenged to actually justify what you've written.

Can you explain why people shouldn't ignore you? Or would you prefer to just keep insulting me instead?

What a convenient memory you have. Firstly, after having previously said you would ignore my posts and - lets not forget - avoid the Village Pump because I posted on there! - you opened your replies in your usual condescending fashion. Do you honestly not see that?

I did put some views across in my next reply, but you ignored them and concentrated on the personality issues at the end. I don't play victim, which seems to me what you are doing here. I'm just not going to tolerate your jibes. Every time you patronise me you are insulting me and so I will insult you back. Our previous differences would have been history with me if you'd have replied in a non-patronising way.

And I honestly couldn't care less whether you ignore me or not. I might be upset if the people I like and respect on this site ignored me but as I find your replies to be patronising, humourless and tedious you can please yourself.

Your serve. New balls please.
keith a
9565 posts

Feb 10, 2011, 22:58
This had nothing to do with you, Jon.

But if that's the way you feel, please yourself.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 10, 2011, 22:58
You win keith. I really can't be bothered.
keith a
9565 posts

Feb 10, 2011, 23:01
There's no winners here.
Son Of Custard
111 posts

Feb 10, 2011, 23:08
Capitulate !
Assimalate !
Don't Castigate !
Or Berate........{it annoys the elite}

Ya Ingrate.
Son Of Custard
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 12, 2011, 00:34
Dear Keith,
your very polite response is nicely noted.
I think this board is a democracy, in the pre-yesterday Egyptian sense, but still interesting, informative, thought-provoking, tantalising, but..also, politically, ...one-sided, insular, anal, wrapped-in-clingfilm-gagging-on-an-orange-hanging-from-a-coat-hook- on-the-back-door....oops, sorry wrong forum.

Anyway, I still enjoy the interaction, limited as it, for me, politically. That said, on the music side...this is a great forum..and I find it very informative!
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 12, 2011, 15:37
Feb 12, 2011, 08:30
edited: AGAIN.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 12, 2011, 11:36
Feb 12, 2011, 09:17
Dear Geoffrey

I am not taking sides in any personal arguments between other contributors, but you obviously have a deliberate agenda when you post here, being to cause disruption by making facile and asinine remarks designed to insult and facilitate ill feeling. You have made your views as to the ethos of this site and the majority of its contributors abundantly clear, and yet you continually espouse your Tory platitudes ad infinitum. You contribute nothing informative or thoughtful, but seem to wish to appear 'controversial'. You are fully aware of to the stated intention of this site, therefore your compulsion for trolling here is transparent. Yes, I may well have done the wrong thing by indulging you with this post, but no matter. I too have made my opinion clear.

Although I respect your right to your own viewpoint, and although I am diametrically opposed to it, it is your intended attempts to insult and ridicule the general/majority viewpoint of this site that I find objectionable. Stating your opinion in a civilsed manner is one thing, the motivation behind your posts appear to be entirely another.

edited for clarity.
Son Of Custard
111 posts

Feb 12, 2011, 14:29
The Sea Cat wrote:
I have decided to lock this thread as I feel that this is no longer a valid discussion but an unnecessary disruption.

I hope you all understand. Thanks.

edit: I hope that's ok Merrick, in terms of site and editorial protocol, as it was a thread that I had originated.

You have really grown into being a twaty little censurer.
Your completely overly verbose and pretencious posts are a wonder to behold also.
Like ole Bob Seger says........'Beautiful Loser'.
"He'll always say please"....."He'll never make any enemies"......
Ta.
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Feb 12, 2011, 15:09
Not nice.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index