Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2011, 08:30
Re: CS Gas at Peaceful Protest
Feb 03, 2011, 08:27
geoffrey_prime wrote:
As I wasn't there, I would recommend that if anyone did consider the Police response inappropriate, they should make a formal complaint.
I presume, if there is a case to answer, there will be witnesses - protestors and Boots employees, at least?

Erm, excuse me for butting in here, but have you ever heard of Ian Tomlinson, Jean Charles De Menezes, or Blair Peach ? There were quite a lot of witnesses/evidence you know, and, here's the curious bit, guess what ?

Now if they can get away with murder...
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 03, 2011, 17:20
geoffrey_prime wrote:
You guys are soooo cynical. It really does obscure any reasonable arguments you may make, for the middle-right of centre punter.
Also, although not a "fanatic", through my partner, I do favour Man U...oddly enough.

I don't really see myself as cynical, geoffrey, but fair enough if you've got that impression. But trying to read some generalised position into my last post -- an obviously silly and light-hearted joke about football -- is bizarre.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 03, 2011, 17:27
geoffrey_prime wrote:
You guys are soooo cynical. It really does obscure any reasonable arguments you may make, for the middle-right of centre punter.

To be frank, I for one couldn't give a fig what the "middle-right of centre punter" thinks anyway. It is hardly the aim of this board to please that particular demographic!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 03, 2011, 17:50
Squid Tempest wrote:
geoffrey_prime wrote:

To be frank, I for one couldn't give a fig what the "middle-right of centre punter" thinks anyway. It is hardly the aim of this board to please that particular demographic!

Actually, MORI says that "Middle Right of Centre" punters are often quite keen on figs. Perhaps with some wine after cheese & biscuits.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2011, 18:16
Feb 03, 2011, 18:13
Edited:

Yep , and no point for my previous response.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 03, 2011, 23:25
I don't think a serving Policeman/woman has ever been convicted of manslaughetr, but there are a number of examples of convictions for assault...just "google" it.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 03, 2011, 23:38
By the way, before someone accuses me of in some way supporting the Police position in respect of the killings you list, may I make it clear that I dont - I condemn them. The Blair Peach case in particular, has been comprehensively proven to be a cover-up, with the publication of all the police documentation from the investigation last year.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Feb 04, 2011, 08:26
Actually, it's rare. In the recent disgraceful Wiltshire case, Sgt mark Andrews was cleared of what was clearly a vicious assault, on appeal. So he rightly lost his job - but he should have been jailed as well.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Feb 04, 2011, 08:29
I'm not accusing you of condoning them, and I'm glad you condemn them. On that at least we agree, as any decent civilsed person would, of course. I was using them as an example of what a disgraceful level of impunity the Police have.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 05, 2011, 23:36
Be careful with that... They have never had "impunity"..and the more we "openly" exchange experience/views/reportage...and are keen to officially "complain", via all accessible channels...the moderated the Cops have to be..
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index