Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 20, 2010, 12:18
dodge one wrote:
You do not have any consistency at all.
You clearly support felony action at what should have been a peacefull student demonstration.

Firstly, I don't think it was 'meant to be' a peaceful demonstration.

Secondly, the actions of the hunsdreds who occupied the building were supported by thousands outside being held back by police.

But, thirdly, supporting this action is in no way inconsistent. I have supported such actions for many years now, and been very clear about that on HH and elsewhere.

dodge one wrote:
It 'IS' a guideline to avoid prosecution for criminal acts that were caught on media, Red handed at something

Yes, I agree. I never said it wasn't, and I'm sorry if I somewhow implied that somewhere.

However, that is not morally inconsistent of me either. You think it is irresponsible, but that is another matter.

Again, it leads me to ask you, and please answer this time: are you really saying there are no morally justified crimes? Do you apply this to every country, or just English law? Is that English law at present, or throughout history?

that was quite a diffrent thing than demonstrating.

dodge one wrote:
Also regarding Susan B. and others of the suffragette movement.
I doubt that you would know much about it, but they achieved MUCHLY through peacefull coersion

I agree with that, too. I didn't say they only damaged property. It was, however, a key part of their strategy. And from them to the people who tore down the fences round the threatened Epping Forest to the Poll Tax riot and the ripping up of GM crops, there are uncountable examples of direct action damaging property being essentail to the success of political campaigns. I find it extraordinary that anyone can question that.

dodge one wrote:
Now the BONO thing.
You seem to be the self appointed moderator on this board, allways on the look out for the opportunity to be the Moral conscience. You failed willfully on that one.
I knew it was a bullshit lie, word for word as soon as i read it.
You couldn't be bothered to go a slandered mans bond.
YOU STINK.

So let me see if I finally understand now. There was a thread where someone posted a link that contained false allegations. Other people came on and comprehensively showed that the allegations were indeed false. And I am wanky for all eternity and malodorous because I didn't repeat that point.

Do you expect me to read every post here? And to reiterate every already stated correction of facts?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index