NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank

85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 19, 2010, 11:06
Seriously ? Are you taking the piss here ? Or do you not get how parliamentary committees work, or use language ? Can you stop and think why it actually got raised in this particular Human Rights Joint committee ? Do you honestly think a single, or a few rare events would have got it raised ? Get a grip, it got raised because it is, in fact, "most commonly used".

I'm the first to say that 'the plural of anecdote isn't data' but for gods sake let me know if you're actually being serious or just want to personally undermine Merrick with piss-poor pedantry. I mean, do you think that the metric of total misues of these laws is actually available ? How do you think these stats are collected, by whom, and in what form they take. I mean. FFS. How is your reality ? It must be great mate. Those of us who actually have a history of protest and direct action see these misuses of power constantly. Maybe like myself Merrick can no longer be arsed to defend his statements to those who have neither experience or first clue about what actually goes on.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index