Spending Review

79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: WTF!!!!
Oct 21, 2010, 15:29
In fact, that has made me so angry I want to pick it apart a bit more.

jshell wrote:
The banks have to take their share of the blame, that’s agreed, but they are banks, the EPITOME of capitalism, but without whom we couldn’t survive.

Couldn't we? That only applies if you think the current "system" is a good one and works. I don't. Never have. Money is a construct put in place to enslave the masses. I don't expect you to agree with that btw.

jshell wrote:
So, who has their hands on the reigns?

The Bank of England. More capitalist tossers.

jshell wrote:
In 2007 I was working in the US for a couple of months.

Then you should be well aware that it was the banks lending money to high risk borrowers out of greed that caused the whole sorry mess.

jshell wrote:
I understand some of the unswerving support for Labour on here, but fuckers forget that they brought the most democracy-damaging control-freakery we’ve ever seen.

Who're you calling fuckers? Fuck you!

jshell wrote:
Illegal costly wars! CCTV on every corner, email snooping, police out of control, DNA database that you stay on even if innocent, the start of the benefit cuts, the fuck up of drugs laws – I could go on.

All, as far as I'm aware, supported by the tories too.

jshell wrote:
Someone tell me why you like Labour so much after what they done????? I do not understand how anyone who believes they have a jot of righteous political action in their body can support the party that would force ID cards on you. Maggie’s nearly dead, move on FFS!

As I have made clear, who said I suport them? Not quite as arse-clenchingly awful as the ConDems, but pretty close.

Apologies if I've taken your quotes out of context, I tried not to editorialise too much. Still, I've probably made this point just as badly as the previous one, so I'm wasting my time. I don't care, because I'm absolutely bloody raging against what these cuts will do to the welfare state, to the poor, to the disadvantaged, to students, to libraries, to front line services...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index