U-Know! Forum »
More Bono bashing (never enough IMO)

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2010, 17:03
Re: More Bono bashing (never enough IMO)
Oct 11, 2010, 16:57
Ian wrote:

That Bono is doing anything at all is miraculous when he could be sitting on his ass all day disseceting Post Modernism with Eno, Bowie and David Byrne over a bottle or three of Romanee Conti.

Yeah well, perhaps Bono et al is doingh the same sort of thing, only with 'poverty' being the hot topic of choice.

I say that because from what I've read, the One 'awareness campaigning' can't make any real claim to achieveing anything that wouldn't have happened otherwise, with others on the ground getting their nails dirty and from what they see their heart broken, every day.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the evidence, and I'll accept it,but I've read a few things to the contrary.

Also, a staff of 120 costing over 8m?

Very unedifying.

All this 'you only complain because it's Bono' defence is as reactionary as actually complaining for that very reason.

I think there's far more to consdier here.

My donations go to the physical world.

EDIT: Hopefully, and I'm sure, as well as 'this 'Bono does that too.

x
keith a
9565 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 17:21
sanshee wrote:
Ian wrote:

That Bono is doing anything at all is miraculous when he could be sitting on his ass all day disseceting Post Modernism with Eno, Bowie and David Byrne over a bottle or three of Romanee Conti.

Yeah well, perhaps Bono et al is doingh the same sort of thing, only with 'poverty' being the hot topic of choice.

Whatever his motives, and only he will truly know what they are, you can't accuse Bono of just sitting on his arse talking about it. And please understand I'm not some massive US fan who has never found Bono annoying.

sanshee wrote:

All this 'you only complain because it's Bono' defence is as reactionary as actually complaining for that very reason.

Congrats, Sanshee. That's probably the most pointless thing I've read on the internet today.

Let's use that for everything...

"You're being mean."

"You're being mean calling me mean."

Brilliant.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 17:31
Yep.
Sanshee...Sanshee...Sanshee....
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 17:45
rojo wrote:
dodge one wrote:
I do not have a gay molecule in my body

what! you mean last night meant nothing to you...boo hoo

I'm a bitch like that.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2010, 17:58
Oct 11, 2010, 17:57
Eh, I don't understand what you mean by that last bit.

All I'm saying is it's as if there's a *pro* Bono camp and an *anti*-Bono camp, with the *pros* invariably piping up that they don't like his music, but none the less he does good etc, and that's how they shape their opinions.

I happen to do neither, that's all!

x
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 17:59
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 18:02
I knew i'd see you speachless sooner or later.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2010, 18:03
Oct 11, 2010, 18:03
sanshee wrote:

All I'm saying is it's as if there's a *pro* Bono camp and an *anti*-Bono camp

x

I didn't understand the first and middle bits. I didn't know Bono was 'camp' as well!
keith a
9565 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 18:03
sanshee wrote:

All I'm saying is it's as if there's a *pro* Bono camp and an *anti*-Bono camp, with the *pros* invariably piping up that they don't like his music, but none the less he does good etc, and that's how they shape their opinions.

I happen to do neither, that's all!

x

I don't understand that either. By that logic all the "*anti*-Bono" folk like his music.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 18:10
Bono doesn't care....I left a message on the BONO toll free hotline.
1-800-IMA-DICK
He called me back !!
He said that he has taken it all very badly and has decided to cease and desist in all his charitable indeavors.
Furthermore, he states that the next U2 CD release will feature a hidden track called "FUCK all of you, thats right, I said it...FUCK ALL OF YA!!"

He is dedicating the track to 'all you MO-FO's who KNOW just who the FUCK all of you are.....'
Brilliant.
The other 3 members of U2 will not be participating on that track and as such it will be an AcaPella version.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index