U-Know has gotten quite boring

72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: U-Know has gotten quite boring
Aug 18, 2010, 16:21
About to answer this Grufty then read Shanshee's post which pretty much summed up my opinion. As I stated in my previous post (whilst I've been an HHer for many years (indeed meeting many in person FWIW)) I'm an infrequent poster on this section - finding that many posters are somewhat entrenched in their positions and their 'participation' in genuine debate somewhat 'artificial' - however from what I saw GPrime got as much as he gave (and I stress "from what I saw")

You cite a recent climate change thread - frankly I got as far as seeing it highjacked by a few individuals locked in a battle to see who could throw the most obscure research htmls at each - whilst having no intention whatsoever to reconsider their positions.

FWIW whilst consisdering myself firmly on the left of the political spectrum I don't consider it abhorrent to have a debate (for example) on different ways of using social housing to give most benefit to those in need (the "now they want your house thread" - apologies Shanshee - I know you've strong views on this one) but frankly seeing how anyone who dares to veer from the leftist herd (generally) gets treated put me off.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index