Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Aug 18, 2010, 13:10
Re: U-Know has gotten quite boring
Aug 18, 2010, 13:08
Locodogz wrote:
As an occasional poster on this bit of the site I'm sorry to see an 'alternative' opinion leave

Maybe this section should be renamed 'U-know (Merrick's right)!' to save a bit of time...

Which 'alternative' opinion of geoffrey_prime's are you sorry to see leave? Check out the recent Climate Change thread and tell me exactly what he wrote that you think qualifies as an opinion on the subject. Alternative or otherwise. Seriously, do it.

I've not been here for a while; maybe he's been lambasted for an "alternative opinion" in the past. But what I called him on was his anti-social behaviour. Snide comments, sarcastic little digs at people (rather than engaging with their views), and deliberately inflammatory remarks aimed to provoke friction rather than communicate an idea.

If geoffrey_prime has "alternative opinions" then I'm more than willing to discuss them (see the debate on the aforementioned Climate Change thread with jshell for an example of an alternative opinion being engaged with). But if he's just going to sit on the sidelines sniping at people, then I'm going to tell him exactly how childish I think he's being (which is all I've done... nobody has called for him to be banned, or even to leave... merely to stop being so obnoxious).

If, as a result, he'd rather leave the site than modify his behaviour to something less childish, then so be it. This forum is a social gathering (albeit an online one) and I fail to see, Locodogz, why anti-social behaviour should pass unremarked. Why do you think it should?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index