U-Know has gotten quite boring

72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Re: A blast from the past
Aug 10, 2010, 18:19
OK, that's totally cool Jim.

I'll add a reply on the AGW thread shortly, but I wonder why I get so worked up about it sometimes. Perhaps because I see succesive governments, collections of governments and spin doctors hitting us with a new Global Scare every few years. I see parallels with Hitler bringing the people of 30's Germany together to fight a common enemy - the Jews. That was hugely successful. How many times have you seen a group of people get together and vilify someone in order to give a group a natural enemy and common goal? Happens at school, work, clubs, everywhere.

So, what's the common enemy being presented through scares about:
HIV, bird flu, swine flu, acid rain, GM crops, cloning, ozone depletion, global cooling, global warming, rising seas, et-fecking-cetera?

Man. Ourselves. You and I. I worry that we are being led like sheep, scared by the authorities, controlled, used and treated like pond life. It's not about AGW, it's about the super-rich, the politicians, the powerful corrupt elite, the Bilderbergs, et al. If they keep us terrified, we don't see what they're really doing. Look at the expenses scandal, that was one that slipped into the public domain - they won't be so daft next time.

Think they REALLY care about these things? I don't, I really don't. If AGW is dis-proven, as many professonal climatologists are working hard at, there'll just be another scare behind it. I watched as the so-called Climate-gate came about, but I was more interested in the way the media reacted, there were greater and more ludicrous scare stories coming out every bloody hour, it was a machine being fired up. A great big fucking machine of control.

Look at Lockerbie. Read Paul Foot's 'Lockerbie, Flight from Justice'. The Yanks set that trial up, controlled it, convicted that man who hadn't anything to do with it. And now the Barstewards are asking questions about his humanitarian release? Cnuts. They started it, shooting down that Iranian aircraft, then framed Libya. They even followed the Iranaian cash that paid for the attack on Pan-Am 103. The FBI agent that 'found' teh bit of timer lost his job later for evidence tampering!

I've worked in Monaco, I've seen the people who wear my annual salary on their wrists or fingers, pay 100,000euro just to moor a 27' boat for a year and don't even think about it. They're tearing down historic buildings to build crappy, postage stamp condos - just for the Grand Prix and tax avoidance status. They don't give a flying feck.

I'm not going to be scared by them.

This post just got me on a few Govt watchlists... :-)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index