pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: U-Know has gotten quite boring
Aug 09, 2010, 18:41
grufty jim wrote:
pooley wrote:
Spot on Keith.

Why is he "spot on"? What is it about geoffrey_prime's came-calling that you are defending? If I regularly responded to your opinions on this board by posting little digs and sarcastic remarks about you, while never actually engaging with the things you wrote; are you suggesting that it would be out of order for you -- or someone else -- to ask me to behave in a less antisocial manner?

Are you suggesting his behaviour makes him a victim here?

I'm not defending any name calling ( not sure what he is supposed to have called anyone) or his views, some of which I find repellent. Or the hi jacking of the thread you mention earlier.

But....

People on here have been vile to him, just because he has a different opinion, because he votes Tory , because he dares to disagree with what many think on here.

I'm not defending prime, i just think that if a forum such as this has to resort to jumping down the the throat of a posters whose opinions differ to there own... Well, it's a poor show.

In the end, what does it really matter?
Prime is either a troll, in which case why is everyone one on here feeding him? Have we learnt nothing from dodge one (who I still wish would return, just in a pleasanter guise)

Or he is a contributor who has different opinions than the majority on here. When treated the respect shown to most posters here, he has responded thoughtfully. And discussed the issues. When his opinions are met with derision, and idiots calling him Tory boy, well he responds in kind.

I don't like many of his opinions, but I wound rather have a place were all opinions are welcome, not just those who agree with merrick, or other higher profile posters.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index