72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: A blast from the past
Aug 09, 2010, 02:32
geoffrey_prime wrote:
before I "shrivel up and die"..who are the other "trolls" then.? I think you guys have to "wake up" and realize that:
# not everyone's in your timezone
# some people may actually "speak their mind"
# politics will be varied...not everyone thinks like you..
...whilst I have been called a "troll" a few times..before I go, i wouldn't mind understanding how you think I could have avoided that " classsification", given the political bias of this board..

I don't know why you'd shrivel up and die. You've been behaving boorishly for quite a while now and it's never bothered you before. I sincerely doubt my opinion is going to change that.

# I'm clearly missing something, but what is the relevance of your timezone? This is the internet, so people from all over the world can comment here. As can shift workers and others with nocturnal habits.

# Speaking your mind has always been encouraged here. That's one of the reasons I liked it so much. But if the only things on your mind are insults, and you have nothing else to add to a discussion, then it's not unreasonable to expect a little self-editing.

# I'm well aware that not everyone thinks like me. You learn it pretty fast when you're in a significant minority on most issues. And while this forum was set up with a particular political position, it has drifted further towards the centre during the years. Which can only have happened if the politics here was, in fact, varied.

As for why I describe you as a "troll" and how you could have avoided it? Perhaps if you didn't consistently post comments with little or no relevant content, designed to spark annoyance or irritation rather than impart information or a particular political position. That's what "trolling" is about.

You posted more messages to the recent Climate Change thread than anyone else (almost twice as many as any other individual, in fact). Yet you never once mentioned the topic of the discussion. Every single one of your comments was a barbed attempt to create friction. Your messages could have been posted to any thread at all and it'd have made no difference.

That's not "speaking your mind" or introducing "varied politics", that's just selfish behaviour. Graceless and completely unnecessary.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index