A cunning plan...

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

A cunning plan...
Jun 30, 2010, 10:27
OK, us posh chaps are in charge now. This is what we'll do...

1. Cut back the public sector to the bone. We don't care about libraries, we can afford books, we don't care about the NHS, we're all on BUPA.

2. Cut back benefits so that all the resulting unemployed from (1) don't cost us a bean.

3. Cut back on prisons. We're not bothered about the streets being unsafe, we get chauffered around everywhere anyway, we've got security staff and a bloody great wall around the mansion.

Conclusion - all the ex prisoners and poverty stricken unemployed will fight it out to the death. All the above problems solved, and we don't need to argue any more with those LimDem oiks about immigration, there won't be anyone left except us. Result.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: A cunning plan...
Jun 30, 2010, 10:40
What pees me off is that every ten years or so people forget that's what the Tories ALWAYS do - and vote them in on the basis that a "change" is bound to be best.

A logical electorate would never vote them in since they are philosophically locked into hurting MOST people.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 12:22
"Conclusion - all the ex prisoners and poverty stricken unemployed will fight it out to the death. All the above problems solved, and we don't need to argue any more with those LimDem oiks about immigration, there won't be anyone left except us. Result."

Error; if there are no poor people to blame, the 'posh' chaps will start eating their own - capitalism thrives on dog eat dog ;)
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 13:27
It's the not quite so stealth plan to bring on the slow painful death of state schools that gets me.

We think climate change deniers are short term thinkers - how about disregarding the fact that this generation of ankle biters are the ones who will 'run the future'?

If all this dross about 'allowing people to se up their own schools' takes off, there will be no future!

I shudder to think what would happen if some of the 'chattering tossers' at the school gate got together in such a way.

And we're all meant to fund their crappy little schemes?

Fuck off, take yer weans out of the system if you want, eff all to do with us!!

The shrinking of the state might wound wunnerful in an idealistsc way to some (but not me), but when it comes to it...

Sorry, but this one leaves me livid. As you can prolly tell.

:-((

x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 13:47
The schools thing sounds to me as yet another method of washing their hands of responsibility. If schools fail under the current system, ultimately it is the government's fault. If schools set up by parents/others fail, guess who is responsible then? A lot of this "big society" bollocks is thinking along the same lines. Pass the buck on to the populace (or local councils etc), et voila, no responsibility for the government.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 02:45
I could argue, that every time we shift to the right of centre, someone will post the comments you have ...but they wont make any alternative proposals.

So, you don't like the current medicine.... what would "fix it" for you?

C'mon, be constructive!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2010, 12:08
Jul 07, 2010, 11:05
Oh come on! You know very well what would fix it for most people here and elsewhere in the country. An austerity programme that doesn't leave the top 20% of people not only not really hurt but not even slightly inconvenienced. Justice Geoffrey, plain and simple.

But you DO know that. You're just pretending you don't, like the Tories.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jul 08, 2010, 02:37
Aren't the basic economics of where we are clear? are yo telling me you would have been getting a better deal had Labour been elected? How would that work then?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 08, 2010, 06:26
Every pennyworth of pain that the top 20% are shielded from is a pennyworth of pain that the bottom 20% has to bear. Under Labour there would have been less shielding, of course there would.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that, straight out? The Tories have protected their own at the expense of the vulnerable, shock horror, who'd a thought it!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 08, 2010, 13:51
geoffrey_prime wrote:
I could argue, that every time we shift to the right of centre, someone will post the comments you have ...but they wont make any alternative proposals.

So, you don't like the current medicine.... what would "fix it" for you?

C'mon, be constructive!

Obvious to anyone with half a brain, I'd have thought.

1. Make the banks pay for the trouble they've landed the country in

2. Tax the rich

Sorted.
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index