Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jun 29, 2010, 15:09
stray wrote:
Indeed Lawrence. I think I live in a different world to you Pooley, but then we did establish that months ago.

Like they're any fucking use if any of what you said does happen. I'm with squid, I'd call Ghostbusters.

And ere, this is one of those troll the right wing troll Geoffrey right back threads, don't take me seriously.

Incidentally one of my mates is currently going through a world of shit courtesy of the police force so...

I have only ever had positive experiences of the police.

The officer who walked some of the staff where I worked home for a week (in his own time)as they were being threatened

The officer who caught the bastard that beat up an ex girlfriend of mine.

The officer who gave up his time to talk to my daughter about keeping safe in town of an evening

the copper that arrested me for driving without a seat belt, and treated me with nothing but respect whilst giving me a fine!

Look, I know we probably move in different circles, and that many officers are wankers- but maybe, just maybe there are sojme good ones out there too?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 15:44
Squid Tempest wrote:

Oddly enough, the only time I've ever been assaulted in my life was actually by a group of policemen.

I rest my case.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 15:53
I can't deny there are some good cops out there. Some have been helpful for me in the past. But then, I don't know about British cops but I recently came across a list of bad stuff American cops have done lately:

http://attackthesystem.com/2010/06/just-another-week-of-servin-and-protectin/
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 16:47
geoffrey_prime wrote:
Might be contentious, but I am relieved that finally, Public Sector workers are going to be getting a feel for what many private sector employees have been enduring for a number of years - pay freezes, closure of final salary pension plans, reduced pension contributions..etc etc..

I find your use of the word 'relieved' to be either deliberately provocative, wilfully ignorant or just... silly. It essentially displays a "haha they're getting fucked too" attitude which seems a bit shit when you consider how poorly many of the frontline public servants are paid. Tell you what Geoffrey, next time you're in casualty and a nurse is on the arse end of a lengthy shift trying to treat you, why don't you tell her how 'relieved' you are that she/he is getting a dose of what they apparently seem to deserve?
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 19:03
It's only the beginning too, the ridiculuous 25% cuts will come in October. None of the redundancies are senior management and most are in education. Every child matters.

Still we don't mind. It's about time we took what we deserved to make sure that those with their feet on the ground, the obscenely wealthy tax dodgers, don't have to make a single sacrifice in a situation that we clearly caused, eh Geoffrey?

x
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 10:04
pooley wrote:

Is this a different Pooley to the one who commented on the G20 protests saying 'all those coppers are equally as guilty' and calling them 'bastards'?

Just wondering.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 14:08
Merrick wrote:
pooley wrote:

Is this a different Pooley to the one who commented on the G20 protests saying 'all those coppers are equally as guilty' and calling them 'bastards'?

Just wondering.

And you are right to wonder.
Let me rephrase - I have personally only had positive experience of the police.
I wasn't at the G20, so didn't consider that to be an experience I had had.

Those police were bastards (as were a lot of the protesters, by the way) but not having been there, I cant really consider it as a personal experience...
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 17:51
More Homelessness as a result, an undeniable fact, and the Homeless people who I work with, a proportionate 70% genuine need claimants re. disabilty as a vital necessity ( it's a very 'complex area' which will escape the PRIVATE COMPANIES, who, profit and are thus target funded, who are going to asses Mental/Physical Health Needs. I don't need to swear ).
As for the propsed DLA BLANKET testing in 2013, regardless of age and infirmity, be it physical or mental health, this is utterly morally shameful and abhorrent. Inexcusable and wrong. The vulnerable should never be 'IN IT' with the more fortunate memebers of society, on whatever level that may be. I say this because I have worked extensivlet in this sector in the past, and I still do on a part time basis.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jun 30, 2010, 17:55
Come, come, geffers put your cock away, I want some fucking answers!
carlyclub
carlyclub
128 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2010, 18:20
Jun 30, 2010, 18:19
Not just public sector workers. This voluntary sector worker lost his job in April due to 20% Govt funding cuts, which meant my contract was not renewed. And as it's been said, more pain will be on the way for the private sector, too. But hey, we're all in this together (tho' I suspect some of us are destined to be 'in it' more than others)...
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index