Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2010, 19:57
Re: Homeopathic overdose protest in Boots
Feb 09, 2010, 19:55
Squid Tempest wrote:
I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here.

I never trusted homeopathic medecine due to the scientific arguments already mentioned here. However, I have a very good (and intelligent) friend who suffers from a very serious condition (I won't go into details here as it is another's health I'm talking about). For some years now homeopathic remedies have provided her with the only relief she has been able to get - conventional medecine did nothing for her. Apparently for her it really works, and in ways that it is hard to fit in with the placebo effect. real, physical differences.

I was as cynical as the rest of you until this. Now I'm really not so sure. Could it possibly be that there is something going on here that science has yet to suss out?

I am with you on this. I know far too many people who have had significant success with homeopathy and especially with acupuncture to dimiss the possiblity that there is something "in" these treatments. If they are all deluded then they are healthy, happy and deluded having been let down by their GPs and force fed pain killers which being a whole other set of problems with them. Not least the number of musicians I know whose RSI has been relieved completely by acupuncture alone when all other forms of therapy and pain relief have failed.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index