87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Homeopathic overdose protest in Boots
Feb 04, 2010, 20:08
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
Yes, but this shouldn't be discounted as being irrelevant.

I absolutely agree, making a patient feel listened to, advising them on a range of aspects of their life that will improve it for them undoubtedly makes a huge difference. Indeed, that's the point I was suggesting!

and I completely agree that such a level of treatment should be available to all (and i dare say would go a long way to paying for itself by preventing expensive conditions from occurring)

Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
there's far more to homeopathy than prescribing pills

True, and again we broadly agree.

I think the difference between us comes in the validity of ascribing the healing power to homeopathic pills.

Surely we should be finding what works. What elements of the homeopaths treatment work? Can we replicate or even improve these? Are they, as the evidence overwhelmingly suggests, getting results from things other than their pills?

If that's the case then we could give people effective treatment. And if it's the interaction that works rather than the pills, then putting the pills in bottles and selling them in chemists labelled for specific ailments is surely misleading and betrays the people suffering who could be being given effective treatment instead.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index