81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Climate-Cat's out of the Bag!
Dec 04, 2009, 01:33
DarkMagus wrote:
Interesting how absolutely no-one has actually refuted anything regarding the code & Harry Read Me file.

Ah mate, how much of it have you actually read? Loads of it's way over my head, and what isn't is almost entirely boring as fuck. And there's a lot of it.

But I agree with you. I don't doubt the authenticity, I believe that they are evidence of trying to cover up data and skew the peer-review on a couple of papers. I completely agree that we should have open access to their work. And I'll go you one further, that we should have the same for the scientists who refute them, and the fossil companies who run the denier campaigns too.

Why do you find that 'interesting'? I'm quite happy to see people who kink the science exposed, we need to move towards the truth. I haven't taken issue because, as I've said, I agree. I resent and reject the inference that this is some sort of smokescreen.

DarkMagus wrote:
Just the same old same old CO2 blah blah

That's because Jshell said the leak threw doubt onto the whole science of climate change then made a brace of wrong assertions about the basic science.

DarkMagus wrote:
right wing blah blah

That's because we need to be clear about the bias of our sources, something you say you have trouble with discerning.

DarkMagus wrote:
peer review blah blah

That's because it's one of our best guides as to whether science is trustworthy or not.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index