Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2009, 16:32
Re: Climate-Cat's out of the Bag!
Dec 02, 2009, 16:25
DarkMagus wrote:
Of those I've only read the Telegraph blog & must confess I couldn't detect any obvious political leaning in the entry. Maybe some subtle nuance that's passing me by...

Yeah, it's that subtle bit in massive letters at the top called the headline. Headlines aren't the preserve of the post writer, they're written by a subeditor at the newspaper.

"the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'? "

This suggests that the idea is dead and there have been many other nails and this is the last thing that will see it buried. Such things do not exist.

Furthermore - as has been pointed out on this thread already - to suggest the leaked emails show anything about climate change not being anthropogenic is nonsense. It misrepresents the content of the leaks, and no other reason occurs to me except that they're trying to add weight to predecided perspective.

Incidentally, you display some bias yourself in using the word 'sceptic'. In scientific matters, a sceptic is someone who is still weighing the evidence. In climate change terms, the 'sceptics' have seen overwhelming evidence yet dismiss it, whilst believing all kinds of nonsense if it suits their cause. This is not scepticism. It's the kind of adherence to a position despite the evidence that we see in creationists.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index