Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2009, 00:08
Re: Climate-Cat's out of the Bag!
Dec 02, 2009, 00:00
Yep. Right wing. James Dellingpole describes himself as a right wing libertarian. The Telegraph is traditionally a Conservative newspaper, So how is that a smear?
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:06
Because the people who are sceptical are not confined to that demographic and would be insulted by that description of them. Play the ball, not the man.

Next you'll be suggesting the Guardian is left wing...
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2009, 00:16
Dec 02, 2009, 00:10
jshell posted links to the telegraph blog, and James Dellingpole's blog. I suggested that both sources might not be entirely unbiased. You really want to argue about me using the phrase "right wing" to describe these blogs?
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:16
Of those I've only read the Telegraph blog & must confess I couldn't detect any obvious political leaning in the entry. Maybe some subtle nuance that's passing me by...
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:18
Hey jshell, I hope you're wearing asbestos. Suggesting the emperor is naked doesn't go down well in these parts!!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:19
That's not the point. Do you accept that I was not attempting to use smear tactics agaisnt jshell?
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:28
Against the bloggers. Thought that was clear.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:34
James Dellingpole describes HIMSELF as a right wing libertarian. The Telegraph is traditionally a right wing newspaper, and certainly will have editorial control over the online output of it's paid columnists. Do you accept that my use of the words "right wing" are a statement of fact, and not a smear?
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 02, 2009, 00:43
The persistent faith in peer reviewed journals is touching. One implication of the leaks is that the peer review system was corrupted. Get your papers reviewed by people who subscribe to your theory & guess what happens. I can almost guarantee that none of the peer review involved examination of the raw data and source code. If it did, it's even more shocking!

You suggest data hasn't been fudged. Examination of the leaked software suggests little else was being done by this particular group.

The devil is in the detail on this & what has been examined so far looks pretty bad. It's early days & there's probably more to come. It really does shed an unkind light on the computer models. In fairness there may be others producing more credible work, but after this it really need to be opened up to the same kind of scrutiny to be validated as good science.

I'd have thought the news that people may be fudging things would be good. You have to ask yourself two questions.

1. Do you want AGW to be real?
2. If your answer to 1 is yes, why?
DarkMagus
170 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2009, 00:44
Dec 02, 2009, 00:44
No, and goodnight.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index