U-Know! Forum »
WTF? Nick Griffin on David Letterman?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

WTF? Nick Griffin on David Letterman?
Oct 24, 2009, 03:50
That's what I saw on the TV listings. And Judy Collins is the musical guest... (?)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: WTF? Nick Griffin on David Letterman?
Oct 24, 2009, 03:51
OK, it's only a comedian with the same name...
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 03:56
Lawrence wrote:
OK, it's only a comedian with the same name...

Luckily for him most Americans don't know who Nick Griffin the fascist is... imagine the misdirected hate mail.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 04:12
LOL! It seems pretty wacky that nazi would have the same name as a comedian anyhow...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 10:33
Dick Griffin which is apparently becoming a popular Tweet quote, after the audience member's 'accidental' spoonerism, is also the name of a Trombonist who's played heavily with Sun Ra's Arkestra.
I thought there was a San Francisco ballroom era poster artist of the same name.
stevo
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Oct 24, 2009, 12:07
Oct 24, 2009, 11:11
They should have that evil twat Farrakhan on a talk show, or better still on Question Time.
Of course, Britain wouldn't entertain it as they would be afraid of offending too many misguided followers of the fat twat in question.

The british government baits one section of bigots while letting other bigots off scot free-
i.e. the radical 'muslims' who are free to say what they want and preach sharia law-

A bigot is a bigot, whether it's the likes of Griffin or that Tory 'Baroness' bitch or Farrakhan.

Yes, I do bang on about Louis Farrakhan, but he is a REAL danger to the WHOLE world and freedom in general.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 12:28
I read abook by a journo who'd like with various bunches of nutters including a militia group in the US, and he was quoted with this joke which I quite like.

When I first met my wife I thought she was Miss Right, it was a few years years after our marriage I discoverd her first name was Always.

Sexist, yes (well maybe) (hint of mysogeny I suppose) and so would it be the other way round, Mr Right is a popular phrase too, but it does describe a human thing, one that is laughable, how attached we can get to being "right" in relationships, and elsewhere. And that was apparently said by this utter lunatic (Montana based I think) survivalist, conspiracist, racist, homophobic idiot.

Still, imo, not a patch on why do anarchists drink herbal tea? because property is theft
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 12:55
I agree that Farrakhan is a scumbag, tho to put it into context he came out of a period when his people were being lynched and oppressed openly by white culture, so I can't entirely blame him for being bitter. He doesn't just hate the Jews... he hates pretty much everyone who isn't black.

I think you overstate his influence, tho. He enjoys limited respect in the USA and possibly in some Islamic countries, but I don't see him as having to be 'contained'... all he has to do is open his mouth to turn most people off right away.

I don't know what to say about the British government being mum on the whole call for Sharia law amongst some UK Muslims.... they probably are treading on eggs, trying not to sound racist.

I have no problem saying that Sharia law has no place in the West, no way, no how. And I sincerely hope it dies and goes to hell everywhere. It's a philosophy straight out of the dark ages.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Oct 24, 2009, 13:57
YUP....
Oct 24, 2009, 13:56
handofdave wrote:
I agree that Farrakhan is a scumbag, tho to put it into context he came out of a period when his people were being lynched and oppressed openly by white culture, so I can't entirely blame him for being bitter. He doesn't just hate the Jews... he hates pretty much everyone who isn't black.

I don't know what to say about the British government being mum on the whole call for Sharia law amongst some UK Muslims.... they probably are treading on eggs, trying not to sound racist.

I still won't be bowed down by Farrakhan- your last sentence of the first paragraph says it all- He's racist, narrow-minded fucking scum.

As for the U.K., it's not just the government, but quite a lot of white people will accuse anyone of racism (who happen to be 'white') when they complain about extreme 'muslims' or immigration laws being a bit 'slack' or 'uncontrolled', while never uttering a word about anyone else being racist!

There is also another very perculiar slant about a lot of white folk in the UK- especially the middle-classes.
They'll punch the air with chest-puffing political correctness and be so quick to display how 'intelligent' they are and display how much of a humanitarian soul they possess, but they would NEVER live near anyone who is asian or black etc.

This would also show itself if the situation is reversed.
'Generally', cultures and races tend to like living amongst 'their own kind', however much they harp on to the opposite to 'keep face'.

For the record, before anyone decides to 'have a pop', I spent a couple of years working with palestinians in Israel/Palestine, I've seen and heard atrocious racism that would make your toes curl up into springs, be it between jews (sephardic, ashkenite and hassidic), muslims (sunni and shia), ethiopian christians, europian and american christians, druze, orthodox armenians and points inbetween etc. etc.

Humans eh? what a bunch of crap! :-I
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: YUP....
Oct 24, 2009, 14:12
Your point about some middle class people defending egalitarianism, but only from afar is all too true.

Is prejudice an evil born out of human intolerance, or is it much older than that? Personally, I think it's way older than our species... you see it in animal behavior. It's old, old programming, this fear of 'others'.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index