77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: opinions on last night's question time
Oct 24, 2009, 01:49
grufty jim wrote:
I don't think you appreciate what the BNP are, handofdave. They are not like the Republicans in the US. That'd be the Conservatives, who are not 'marginalised'. Indeed they are likely to be the next British government.

The BNP are more like the Ku Klux Klan. Which is why any rise in their support is a real concern.

But are they actually seeing a rise in support?

I should add that the KKK and it's equivalents in the USA are Republicans, for the most part, and tho that parties official line on racism is 'it's bad', they tacitly encourage hatred of nonwhites by giving a wink and a nod to the racists, as evidenced by the tone of the GOP rallies in the last election, where Sarah Palin was given free reign to whip up the mob with talk of Obama being a 'Kenyan terrorist' and the like.

Perhaps what's different about here and over there is that most of the fascist-leaning types in the USA have learned to be more careful about their language in public forums. Amongst themselves they still retain the same old language and attitudes they always have had.

What's better... to have the fascists come right out and be who they are, without apology, or disguise their real intentions?

I've heard some black folks say that they'd rather live down south, where the racism is overt, and unmistakeable, than live up north, where it's still present, but masked. Know thine enemy.

In other words, let the fascists make themselves known. That way there's no second guessing who's who. Don't let them go underground... drag them out into the light and show everyone what they're really about. Don't let them disguise themselves in more 'moderate' clothing.

I expect that the BNP is NOT going to get more support from Griffin being on this show. Instead, it's opened up a wider dialog about why the BNP is wrong. Just as it has right here on this forum.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index