opinions on last night's question time

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: opinions on last night's question time
Oct 23, 2009, 14:37
Nothing wrong at all, that jibe (and admittedly that's what it was) was aimed at some of the hippy types who identify themselves mystically or something with the Celts when it more just cos they smoked too much dope to actually think about who they really are. Sounds like you have a sense of who you are, what your real heritage is. Think there is something going on for people who feel powerless in a world that does not necessarily treat them well where there's a reaction based on a personal lack of identity, historic, social, familial, cultural etc and for some in poor communities for instance here in Derbyshire where mining work was a large part of identity out of that being removed a lot of social sytems were disrupted. Working men disempowered, familes hurt through poverty, stress etc. "How do I retain a pride in my identity as working man when I have no work - who in fact the hell am I then?" except a lot of people don't even have enough spare time or the means to even ask the question.

And agreed the brits have plenty of bad bad history, wherever they've been, even within Britain itself.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index