77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: opinions on last night's question time
Oct 23, 2009, 14:12
Jim Tones wrote:
ratcni01 wrote:

I think its because people are insecure about their identity on a personal level that they turn to the BNP or to defining themselves as Celts or whatever. No, we are products of our families, knowing your identity is great, a sense of "where I come from" valuable, but most people don't actually know their origins and thats been a sideeffect of the huge social and cultural changes that have happened in Britain and globally in the last centuries.

Hmmm... "or to defining themselves as Celts or whatever"

Well now, speaking as someone with Welsh heritage, I'm not insecure about anything.
We certainly have a "where I come from" stance, as the history is rooted in a lot of Welsh families (cue interbred jokes) AND we wave the Welsh flag because we've been fucked-over by the 'english' government in the past with incidents like Tryweryn, a watered down (excuse the pun) display of mild ethnic cleansing!
Not to mention the 'Welsh Not' wooden block 'system'- which has never been written about much, even on the internet.
Plus, we also have to throw out the reminder that it should never happen again.
Surely, nothing wrong with that?

Pfuagh! If you were really proud of your roots you would have changed your name to TIMOTH the Mighty and formed a pagan-black metal band called Dragon Blood or something. Tch!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index