Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)
Oct 22, 2009, 23:34
You know, Ralph Nader was kept out of the debate process during the run up to the last two presidential elections in the US. Tho I don't think he stood a chance of winning, I thought it was cowardly of the people in charge to shun his participation. No doubt it had much to do with Nader's correct assessment of what is wrong with a political process that is driven by big money. What were they afraid of.... that voters might start thinking? Not that I think the BNP is out to make people think.... just the opposite... they DON'T want people to think, just react to their xenophobia.

Right wing blowhards get plenty of press here... the only thing that disturbs me, ultimately (besides their being so many stupid, venal people out there), is that in some markets there is little counterpoint to their exposure. This is the real challenge... how to make sure that for every fascist utterance there's someone arguing against it with facts and clear-headed moral authority.

The idiots out there are already listening to the Nick Griffins. What might be useful about bringing them to a wider audience is the chance to really sock it to 'em in a venue that isn't some partisan, private one where there is no counterpoint to their drivel.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index