Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)
Oct 22, 2009, 23:29
Just been watching the BBC news coverage of the demo, and a thing that stuck in my mind was the presumably deliberate and considered insertion of a sentence about how television programmes don't give politicians power, but voters do. Could that be part of what this current BNP question time thing is about? Is it some attempt to use the BBC to frighten people to get out and voting? Or is that just a bit of a cop out for the beeb to be able to say 'Well you viewers are the ones who voted him in, not us...'.

Personally, I'd have liked to have been able to ask him if, as the leader of a party whose campaign literature in my neck of the woods included plans to effect the removal of funding and consideration for disabled children, he recognises that the holocaust he likes to deny was heralded by the removal of the right to life from the same set of children his party wishes to marginalise.

Next time the twisted cowardly shits stand here, I'd love to think I could get out there and find ways to discredit them in the eyes of their target voters. I mean really, targetting disabled kids as a scapegoats. How low is that?

So if nothing else, thanks BBC for reminding me how much I despise the BNP.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index