Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Sep 28, 2009, 16:26
Re: Just heard on the radio...
Sep 28, 2009, 16:19
handofdave wrote:

For some people who are chronic users, perhaps making their drug of choice less affordable is the only thing that will make them quit.

If you want to talk about addicts, well, chronic users deep in the pool of anything will get by best they can regardless of the cost, usually to the detriment of others. Heroin addicts arenlt really put off by the price, are they?

Anyway, what I say about 'cheap and nasty' alcohol being the culprit of anti social stuff as opposed to yer high volume spirits is 100% true coz I see it with my own eyes. Boys and girls who sway along the streets spewing up displaying their bottle of brite blue 5% vodkamix thinking they're grown up haven't got the constitution for proper alcohol.That's what makes the 'charge per unit' idea completely stupid. If something's done to target that cutlure, fair enough.

There used to be a mystification of alcohol and drugs, only for the brave of heart, then along come things like 'legal highs' and alcopops and all the unperpared and incapable a-holes of the day join in.

And, as I say, it does discriminate against the less well off whatever you think.
How is everyone taking collective responsibility if those with better wages aren't really paying the same (proportionally) as those less well off?

Sorry, the whole idea stinks. No different from the defence made for responsible v unresponsible drug users when it comes to blaming drugs for society's ills.

x

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index