Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Let's not
Jun 25, 2002, 10:40
>> Let's also not forget the actions of some of the
>> suffragettes

Indeed. In fact I had forgotten this. Good point.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

OK then.
Jun 25, 2002, 14:47
I've just read an interesting article by Brian Sewell (not a favourite rent-a-gob of mine by any means) on this issue and there was a very interesting point in there...

"(...)and I have little doubt that had these islands been occupied by Germans for half a century, depriving us of land, water, medicine, education, self-government and the wherewithall to develop a self-sufficient economy, with half our populaton driven into exile, the other half in dire povery, we too would by now be just as angry and resentful, just as likely to resort to acts of ghastly recklessness."
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Brian Sewell
Jun 25, 2002, 14:52
He is a bit of a tosser on occasion but I think he could have a point there.

I have always said that I would only 'go to war' or fight if me or mine were DIRECTLY threatened by something I disagreed with. For example I would never have gone to Vietnam but Adolf and his mob may have been a good cause - although I like to think that I'd only get up and fight if he was marching down my street, but that's probably not the case.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Maybe ...
Jun 25, 2002, 14:54
I'd stand outside my door and wait for AH to round the corner and then say ...

"Oi Adolf! NO!!! I admire your taste in sultry women and all but I'm afraid I can not allow you to take possession of Whitworth Avenue under any circumstances! Now hop it before I get mad!!!"
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Re: Maybe ...
Jun 25, 2002, 16:03
...but before you go, would you plant a few trees for me...
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index