Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 27, 2009, 12:33
Merrick wrote:
necropolist wrote:
actually, voting UKIP will probably be the best way of stopping the BNP in most places!

It depends on who's coming fourth in your constituency.

Basically, Labour and Conservatives will take first and second. In most places, LibDems and UKIP will take third and fourth. Because of the way the mathematics works, it's whoever is vying with the BNP for fifth that really holds the key. Put an extra 3% of the vote onto whoever that is will make all the difference, whereas an extra 3% to the Conservatives won't make any odds.

As long as the BNP are beaten into sixth, they won't get a seat.

Voting for anyone who'll come 1st-5th helps that, voting for anyone who'll come 7th or lower is a complete waste of time.

well, the system makes it al very complicated to say exactly who needs what. You are PROBABLY right, but not necesarily. The tories will get two seats in most constituencies, the labour and the liberals will also be challenging for two in various places. Fucked if I'd vote for any of them bastards tho.

Voting for someone who will (probably) finish below the BNP will have make a very small difference. The slight shift in total percentages might make it easier for one of the big three parties to win a second seat, but it is a very small difference. As to UKIP, a month ago I'd have said they would be falling behind the fascists, but, thanks to the expenses scandals, they should have received another boost, and will, therefore, hold of the utter scum.

Merrick wrote:
necropolist wrote:
But even then, voting for someone merely as a short-term 'stop someone else' strategy doesnt really have much legs. It wont minimise the BNP vote, it will merely stop it 'couting' (for want of a better word).

I take your point, but stopping it counting means stopping them taking hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money. It's that funding of the BNP that I'm keen to see stopped.

I wouldn't really actively support any of them, though the Greens policies do make a fuckload more sense than any others i can see.

yeah, its shite isnt it? Bloody depressing. The only reason I'll vote at all is to help block the BNP really, tho the options are pretty crappy. The lead Green candidate in Yorkshire is one of the idiots who entered a coalition with the tories in Leeds, so my opinion of him isnt exactly high.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index