Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited May 27, 2009, 12:28
Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 27, 2009, 12:27
charlbury wrote:
gurftyjim is talking horseshit I'm afraid.

And a good day to you too. Glad you could stop by for a civil chat. Oh wait a second, you didn't, did you?

charlbury wrote:
Only in London and the SE (neither regions where the Nazis pose a serious threat) can the Greens get anyone elected. In the NW the Greens are trying a decent spin campaign, but everywhere else, the Greens are a wasted vote as they don't stand a chance of beating the Nazis or winning a seat.

In the NW, Yorkshire and E/W Midlands, which are the four most critical regions (not to mention the SW where the risk of Nazi MEPs is less but still there), most people on here should vote Liberal Democrat to keep the BNP out. If you can't bring yourself to do that it's the fruitcakes of UKIP I'm afraid.

I disagree. That's not to say that you're talking horseshit, merely that there may be more than one way of interpreting the polling data. I'll not reiterate Merrick's points as he's spent more time analysing the polls than me. But if you can tell me why he's talking horseshit, then I'll be happy to change my position.

=======
One suggestion though; try to be a bit less insulting in your choice of language. I have a problem with many of the conventions of academia, but one thing I have learnt from the academy is that discussions are always more fruitful if you avoid antagonistic language. The very first line of your post made me want to dismiss the rest of it. Unless you're a troll, that's not a rational strategy for getting your point across.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index