79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 26, 2009, 19:27
necropolist wrote:
actually, voting UKIP will probably be the best way of stopping the BNP in most places!

It depends on who's coming fourth in your constituency.

Basically, Labour and Conservatives will take first and second. In most places, LibDems and UKIP will take third and fourth. Because of the way the mathematics works, it's whoever is vying with the BNP for fifth that really holds the key. Put an extra 3% of the vote onto whoever that is will make all the difference, whereas an extra 3% to the Conservatives won't make any odds.

As long as the BNP are beaten into sixth, they won't get a seat.

Voting for anyone who'll come 1st-5th helps that, voting for anyone who'll come 7th or lower is a complete waste of time.

necropolist wrote:
But even then, voting for someone merely as a short-term 'stop someone else' strategy doesnt really have much legs. It wont minimise the BNP vote, it will merely stop it 'couting' (for want of a better word).

I take your point, but stopping it counting means stopping them taking hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money. It's that funding of the BNP that I'm keen to see stopped.

I wouldn't really actively support any of them, though the Greens policies do make a fuckload more sense than any others i can see.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index