79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 26, 2009, 16:12
grufty jim wrote:
I'm afraid you've completely failed to understand the mathematics of Proportional Representation in the European Elections. I suggest you read Merrick's article (Vote Against The BNP) which explains why a Green vote is the best way of keeping out the BNP in many constituencies (as it will be the Greens and the BNP fighting over the final seat in some constituencies).

actually, voting UKIP will probably be the best way of stopping the BNP in most places!

But even then, voting for someone merely as a short-term 'stop someone else' strategy doesnt really have much legs. It wont minimise the BNP vote, it will merely stop it 'couting' (for want of a better word). the problem is, is there really anyone worth voting FOR?

I still can't decide who to vote for (Greens or No2EU or none of them), because the three main parties are all shitehawks, the Greens, lovely on paper, not much better than anyone else in practise, and No2EU are a bit embarassingly crap.

But without a positive alternative - one that doesnt side with bleeding tories when they get a whiff of office - then the rise of the BNP will continue, no matter who we vote for now to 'stop them'
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index