I'm sorry

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: I'm sorry
May 15, 2009, 04:00
I guess no matter what Cameron does, you will always be predjudiced...but I am reassured he is taking the lead on quickly fixing this mess.
Pre-empting another point of poss. issue, I think Cameron is a "conviction" politician, in fact for the cynics, he has to be wealthy enough anyway.......so...I think I would vote for him..
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited May 15, 2009, 05:26
May 15, 2009, 05:24
geoffrey_prime wrote:
I guess no matter what Cameron does, you will always be predjudiced...but I am reassured he is taking the lead on quickly fixing this mess.
Pre-empting another point of poss. issue, I think Cameron is a "conviction" politician, in fact for the cynics, he has to be wealthy enough anyway.......so...I think I would vote for him..

Yeah, good old Conviction Cameron.

"...
The glorious leader of Her Majesty's oppostion has claimed £82,450 over five years. On top of his salary. And on top of being really really rich already.

I realise this is naive of me, but wouldn't you imagine that when very wealthy people enter public service they might consider using that wealth to minimise their cost to the taxpayer? It'd demonstrate... I don't know... principles or something? I know, I know. Naive.
..."

I'm afraid I joined the media frenzy and had a little rant about this over at my place.
duckbreath
254 posts

Edited May 15, 2009, 13:34
May 15, 2009, 13:28
A lot of MPs seem to be saying that the telegraph is dragging their relevations out to keep people buying the papers and someone said that the 'blood fest' should stop.

I guess there is an argument to say that on-going revelations are damaging public trust but in my opinion it is a shit argument. it's already way past damaging.

I'm usually not very shocked to hear about politicians abuses - where there is power there is abuse maybe... but what is unique about this is that there seems to have been a tacit understanding across the whole institution that the expenses system was so lax that you could really take the piss and - no one - not even the good ones - spoke up about it ...

the best thing that can happen is that it is fully exposed so that no one can be in any doubt about the personal integrity of their constituency MP and that these become issues in the next local westminister elections... If the worst offenders are removed maybe there will be some re-defining of the purpose of MPs.

I'd still be interested to know if there are any MPs who didn't take the piss with their expenses tho'. maybe they would be worth voting for.
duckbreath
254 posts

May 15, 2009, 13:33
how has cameron reassured you that he is fixing the mess? do you think he would have made alan duncan pay the cash back if if wasn't in the media. i think you've been hoodwinked.

even if cameron's behaviour is enough to make you vote for him, as a 'conviction politician' - whatever that means - (he rides a bike?) - do you realise you'd also be voting for alan duncan, letwin, george osborne etc....
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 15, 2009, 13:41
What do you think he's in it for? out of interest...clearly it cannot be the money?
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 15, 2009, 13:46
obviously, yes, of course I realise that...unless you have a suggestion as to how I could exclude support for certain politicians.
Of course, you can be cynical and say Cameron wouldn't have made any changes on expenses, if the media spotlight hadn't been applied - but you cant know that? As an anti-Tory, you are just bound to say it..
I have to rely on Cameron to put things right, kick out the cheats, ensure the law is applied to anyone who has committed a crime etc etc..
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

May 15, 2009, 13:56
geoffrey_prime wrote:
What do you think he's in it for? out of interest...clearly it cannot be the money?

I'm not suggesting that he's "in it for the money". Just that he (and the rest of that sorry political class) is the sort of person who clearly can't resist the temptation to dip his hand in the till when nobody's looking.

So whatever else he may be "in it for", that alone surely speaks volumes about the kind of person he is.
duckbreath
254 posts

May 15, 2009, 13:57
well no one deserves credit when they do something right when they have no other course of action... if he had done something about it before he had to then maybe he might deserve credit. by the way he has only kicked out a few of the cheats - he is keeping a lot of them too. if he kicked out alan duncan, letwin etc i would be impressed.

why don't you wait until he does something right when he doesn't have to before you consider voting for him? he follows the issues, assesses what he can get away with and then makes a decision about what he is going to do. brown is the same. he only got in on the gurkha issue when he realised joanna lumley was winning it on her own. he has no moral compass just a scent for power.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

May 15, 2009, 14:01
If you're going to vote for Cameron, then you must live in his constuituency*. In which case, does it matter? It's one of the safest Tory seats in the country.

*We still have a representative parliament here. And, no matter how much our party system has pushed that to pretty much in name only, we still haven't gone as far as a presidential system where we all vote for an individual nationally.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited May 15, 2009, 14:07
May 15, 2009, 14:06
Like I say, he obviously didn' t have a clue what his lot were doing, he says so himself, he's raging with all that's been going on behind his back.

Have you heard how he keeps saying that? He can't emphasise enough at how surprised and disgusted and angry he is.

Conviction politician?

Shouldn't that at the very least mean somone who actually knows what's going on in his own political set up?

If the answer is somehow 'no' and you're impressed by that then knock yerslef out dude, I certainly won't join ye.

Either he really didn't know and is a totally inept fool or did and is a lying sack o shite, there can only be one answer here really.
x
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index