Jun 10, 2002, 13:50
no worries GIW

B
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Steiner Education
Jun 10, 2002, 17:00
>a load of bollocks that could be equally applied to rock music if you were paranoid enough.

paranoid?? you'd have to be seriously fucked up!! i really don't see how you could possibly substitute rock music in there at all.

of course the article is grossly christian, i did assume people would have enough brainpower to read around that. but it does lay out some fair criticisms. the other link had more useful stuff on it i think - steinier really seemed to be a nasty racist bastard fromwhats written there! not that that is necessarilly the point of course, but it hardly endears me to the schools philosophy!
joudicaa
joudicaa
325 posts

Re: Steiner Education
Jun 11, 2002, 00:09
you know ,it's what YOU teach them that counts.
i have 2 kids that was brought up doing the festie scene, they went to school and gave me and my partner serious pressure to "be like the other mums and dads". they are now 14 and 16 and realise the error of their ways.
i believe you should tell them what school is about and what is expected from them. It's hard going when thy're little i know, but they do eventually realise the truth themselves.
i mean how many of us on this site went to a comprehensive?
oops, thats why we're all mad!!
girlinwellies
134 posts

An Update
Jun 17, 2002, 17:35
Just thought Id fill u lot in , case u wanted to know. Just been round the Kindergaten to have a look and meet the people. Well it was absolutely bloody lovely! Just such a mellow atmosphere...no sense of having to such and such by a certain age..just a perfect place to be a child....and play!

The Kindergarten goes from 3-7 yrs, It runs in the morning..the most creative time for most children. The fees are around £500 a term, but less if you cant afford it. You can go as many mornings as you like, no set days. The fees are the same however much you go. It felt wonderfully homely and my boy just settled in instantly, something he has never really done at any other playgroup type thing.

just all felt right :-)

GiW
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: An Update
Jun 17, 2002, 18:37
KewL*¬)
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index