3515 posts

Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 25, 2009, 19:28
dee wrote:
handofdave wrote:
dee wrote:
handofdave wrote:
dee wrote:
Well show me some examples of 'nice' vivisection then. And, for the record, im pro choice!

Not all animal testing involves vivisection.

And if you are hardline opposed to animal testing, but pro-choice, how do you reconcile the fact that, yes, a living fetus is being destroyed? Despite the claims that the neurology of a fetus isn't capable of feeling distress, it's an inescapable fact that a typical abortion is a pretty gruesome procedure.

I am pro choice, but I'm not under any illusions that it's not a harsh thing.

Well show me some examples of 'nice' animal testing then!

I certainly dont revel in the idea of abortion! And its certainly not a decision to be taken lightly either.

No, and the same holds for animal testing. You wouldn't call a woman who struggles with the choice to abort an inhuman cunt. I merely pointed out that not all researchers who employ animal testing should be judged that way either.

I was merely pointing out that anyone who experiments on animals, thus causing them distress, pain and in some cases death is a fucking rotten bastard. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it. I dont agree to animal testing and never will.

Hey, fine, but if someone tells you that women who choose to abort are fucking rotten because they are causing their fetus distress, pain, and most certainly death... you catch what I'm saying?

It may be comforting to judge others with these absolutes but you have to be careful you're not walking into a logic trap.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index