Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 25, 2009, 16:38
machineryelf wrote:
pooley wrote:

Also, the woman not making it to the funeral got a huge amount of sympathy, maybe not from you but from me and others on this site alone.

Call me cynical but do you travel to your fathers funeral at the last minute , ''I need the 2 o'clock flight to Germany as my fathers funeral is at six!!''. No, but it makes a handier soundbite than ''I'm travelling to my fathers funeral in 3 days, I will arrive approximately 12 hours later than intended''
What woud have happened if whilst travelling to the airport they had been involved in a huge pile up, a 3 hour delay on the M25 or whatever.
It was a handy soundbite because some business man saying he missed a night out with the boys before a marginally important meeting the next day wasn't going to raise much sympathy.
The point of the demonstration was to raise awareness, it worked, and I suspect that most of the population went '' Them crazy protesters, they're a wildbunch in't they'' and never gave it another thought. Maybe some people some where looked a bit deeper and thought '' Maybe they have a point, lets go to Cleethorpes this summer''.

goal post well and truly moved
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index