U-Know! Forum »
animal rights campaigners jailed

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dee
1955 posts

Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 25, 2009, 16:13
Do you think they're sadistic by design, tho? I imagine some must be, of course, but don't you think most of them consider themselves as working towards cures and such?

'I think it's important not to dehumanize others too quickly, especially if their actions are based in good intentions. I can think of some people in the world that definitely qualify as inhuman cunts, but I'm guessing that we all know someone who's life, or quality of life, was saved by modern medicine... and all modern medicine bears, somewhere down the line, a debt to some creature in a lab.

Should we be trying to eliminate animal testing whenever possible? Absolutely. But it's a slippery slope to reduce a researcher to inhuman status. It's not very far away from the anti-abortionists who dehumanize doctors who perform them, which in their mind justifies bombings and shootings'.......wrote Hand of Dave

Well, yeah, this is just my opinion after all. And i probably. used the term 'inhuman' incorrectly! After all, our track record shows us 'humans' up for being a right bunch of cunts a lot of the time!!! And yes, modern medicine may be amazing some of the time, and has saved many lives, but look at the lives it ruins with prescription chemicals folks are consuming every day, all with a list of hideous side effects. There are always safer natural or herbal alternatives and ways of testing medicines which do not use animals. Its 2009 ffs!! As we all know, these pharmaceutical companies are mostly in it for the money
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index