animal rights campaigners jailed

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 22, 2009, 14:32
stray wrote:

I also really hate calling these animal rights protestors, 'protestors'. It insults real protestors. These people were using organised terror tactics, they are terrorists. They did not want to rationally protest, they wanted to terrify everyone working in the research establishments, or unwittingly working for other companies that may supply them, into quitting their jobs and hiding. This is very, very different to normal protest.

Hear hear!
I remain frustrared that anyone who does legitimately support the cause of animla rights should actually be anything other than disgusted at these morons.

Soon as I fired up the computer today up comes my Google News homepage (my page of choice folks) and the headlines read 'animal rights nutters' etc, and tbh you gotta be a bit questionable (and, eh, 'minging') to send a used sanitary towel through the mail to anyone, no matter what.

Now had they orchestrated a proper demonstration with accompanying literature etc the headlines might've read 'Animal rights MARCH'. People just see the 'NUTTERS' bit and bang goes any chance of sympathy and a good reason for naysayers to dig their heels in even more.

I see them as traitors to the cause in a sense.

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index