animal rights campaigners jailed

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: animal rights campaigners jailed
Jan 21, 2009, 19:02
Popel Vooje wrote:

No abuse for this direction - but unlike you, I sympathise with the jailed campaigners. When it comes to the issue of animal research, the law is hugely weighted in favour of the drug companies who fund it,

I totally agree on the 'drug company' and secrecy front, but I do not see how their actions are appropriate in response or deserved of any sympathy.

I'm more sympathetic to the 'innocent' humans (for not all their targets were involved in any animal research, some were family members, children probably - smashed windows, oh your dad's a paedo etc) than any of the animals they 'assume' to speak up for, and I think that will resonate with many of us, and we won't feel good about being forced into making that distinction.

We've sort of discussed this one inside out earlier, and to support or even begin to understand the actions of these people surely rubbishes all the good work that's done to raise awareness of the horrors of animal labs.

I can't see how being against animal testing and supporting change equates to finding any worth in the actions of these people at all.

Yes, good they got jailed. But no, let's not forget all the poor critters who need our help also.

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index