U-Know! Forum »
Young Tory

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 11, 2009, 18:54
Young Tory
Jan 11, 2009, 18:05
I've just read that that a leading young Tory is coming under fire (sadly not literally) for going to a New Year's fancy dress party as Madelaine McCann. Nice.

You know, it's almost reassuring in a way - just when "Dave" Cameron gets near to making them seem decent and electable in the eyes of wavering voters, one of them will go and do something as old-skool "RAH!" obnoxious just to remind people of their true colours. See also that twat MP that used public money to pay his appalling son to faff about being a cunt.

What with Prince Harry n' all, it's been a good week for toffs being knob-heads!

Edit - Do'h! Just realised this has already been mentioned below.

Oh well, what cheese do you like?
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: Young Tory
Jan 12, 2009, 03:13
So, what's your point - that you will will always find an excuse to rally against anything you can pigeon-hole as "right wing"..or "establishment"? -- goes without saying, i would have thought?
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 12:19
I'm a bit hopeful that although I detest the pathetic sod, Cameron will at least have a heightened sense of child suffering due to his own son's problems, so will find this as deplorable as any reasonalbe dude ought to (the twit has been photographed with other said twit).
That besides, I can't help getting a bit 'classist' about it all.
As I said below, it's the studenty 'ooh, ain't we daring' bit that's the most off putting.
These dummies are the future of our legal system etc, smelling of that too posh to have brains or speak properly thing.
Yuk.

x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 12, 2009, 16:27
Jan 12, 2009, 16:23
No, my point is more that it's almost heartening, perhaps even inevitable, that despite the concerted effort made in recent times to rebrand the Tories as some kind of egalitarian, green, socially conscious and representative party that the true nature of the beast is revealed in moments like this. There are a lot of wavering, rightly disgruntled voters out there and "Dave" has, thus far, been fairly succesful in attracting quite a few of them with his "Hey, we're different now, give us a hug!" schtick.

It's not an "excuse" to rally against anything - it's a good reason!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 22:26
you aren't allowed to be disrespectful of the tory party with old Geoff around MC, surely you know that by now.

i'm sure it's the arch drude himself on the wind up BECAUSE THIS JERK CAN'T BE FOR REAL !!!
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jan 13, 2009, 13:23
This "crusade" is a challenge!!
U-Know! Forum Index