pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: our racist prince
Jan 19, 2009, 16:47
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

learn to communicate properly.

I did, you should do the same, you're initial response of "if you don't agree with us, fuck off? is that REALLY what you are saying?" is a tad rude isn't it eh ? Especially considering that what I said is basically the same as..

pooley wrote:

If an entire forum disagrees with you, argue your point and then shut up. If you are bullying someone with the hope that they will leave your forum for not agreeing with you, you don't have that much faith in your beliefs.
if you have to resort to name calling and put downs because someone doesn't agree with your point of view, you do not have much faith in your point of view.

As said, learn to read. At no point have I resorted to name calling (for a change), and so what if someone has ? To paraphrase, and to agree with you, if someone does that to you then grow a pair and move on or argue back. Fucking hell Pooley can you really not understand me. Wait for the red mist to clear and try and read what I said again.

And fucking hell, this is one of the weakest political forums on the net, who cares what anyone says here, you can predict the groupthink here so easily. Have you ever been to another forum discussing politics ever ? I suggest you try it. Hell, I suggest you try sensible debating, and stop constructing irrelevant strawmen and 'woe to the posters and their entrenched opinions' wankiness that you're doing.. I mean Geoffrey gave as good as he got, so ?

Anyone who resorts to talking about forum decorum and bitching about cliques has absolutely no debating skills, at all. This is the internet, its not important, and this forum has no moderation, so erm.. yeah.. wtf. It's pointless to say play nice here, and why the hell should anyone play nice when discussing things online, especialy racism where the rage relating to the subject is close to the surface for everyone here.

As for 'knowing someone' by their posts online, er.. no.. If you think that I in anyway reflect my posts, or anyone else reflects theirs, then sorry, you really shouldn't be reading forums at all tbh. There is a level of abstraction between person/idea and posting that you definitely need to understand.

You aint doing much to disabuse my opinions of you. Quick to anger when someone disagrees with you aint you? As you say, this is the internet and doesn't matter. so don't reply, try using these pathetic bullying tactics on someone that will five a flying fuck about them.
Learn to read? thanks, i'll try. Make sense out of your rant - it'll never happen.
Look, I don't want to argue on here, I want to discuss. I don't think you do. I regret replying to your post, I could tell before I did it that I wouldn't get anywhere and that you had a closed mind.

No hard feelings. see you around--------
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 19, 2009, 17:07
Jan 19, 2009, 17:06
pooley wrote:

You aint doing much to disabuse my opinions of you. Quick to anger when someone disagrees with you aint you? As you say, this is the internet and doesn't matter. so don't reply, try using these pathetic bullying tactics on someone that will five a flying fuck about them.
Learn to read? thanks, i'll try. Make sense out of your rant - it'll never happen.
Look, I don't want to argue on here, I want to discuss. I don't think you do. I regret replying to your post, I could tell before I did it that I wouldn't get anywhere and that you had a closed mind.

I'm not angry. As others who know me will testify, you'll know if I'm angry, its a rare thing online. I do pretend to be angry a lot though. these posts weren't meant to be read like I was angry btw. You weren't even disagreeing with me, you just completely misinterpreted me.

However, ^ This paragraph here, I mean this post, what is it ? Bullying... erm where ? Or do you mean this post you just made, (as in you're talking about yourself attempting to bully me) as it sounds a lot like passive aggressive bulllying to me.

You've just said you intend to make no effort to understand my 'rant' (it isnt a rant btw). Then you say you want to discuss not argue ? Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance perhaps ?

Closed mind ? moi ? Please quote and explain where that accusation comes from in our short discourse, which yeah I know apparently isnt a discourse to you but bullying. *rolls eyes*. You see the difference between this post and yours is I'm making an attempt to understand what the fuck you're talking about, although your lack of consistency and aimless railing against me kind of shows I'm wasting my time. Right ?

You see I can post the same kind of silliness you did. Please take the time to deconstruct this post rationally and see it from a logical perspective.

Happy to help.

Actually just to make you happier. I'll behave the way you expect me to. I'd like to say that seriously, you are one dumb fuck. Thats name calling.

Did you see what I did there ?
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jan 20, 2009, 16:35
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

I'm not angry. As others who know me will testify, you'll know if I'm angry, its a rare thing online. I do pretend to be angry a lot though. these posts weren't meant to be read like I was angry btw. You weren't even disagreeing with me, you just completely misinterpreted me.

However, ^ This paragraph here, I mean this post, what is it ? Bullying... erm where ? Or do you mean this post you just made, (as in you're talking about yourself attempting to bully me) as it sounds a lot like passive aggressive bulllying to me.

You've just said you intend to make no effort to understand my 'rant' (it isnt a rant btw). Then you say you want to discuss not argue ? Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance perhaps ?

Closed mind ? moi ? Please quote and explain where that accusation comes from in our short discourse, which yeah I know apparently isnt a discourse to you but bullying. *rolls eyes*. You see the difference between this post and yours is I'm making an attempt to understand what the fuck you're talking about, although your lack of consistency and aimless railing against me kind of shows I'm wasting my time. Right ?

You see I can post the same kind of silliness you did. Please take the time to deconstruct this post rationally and see it from a logical perspective.

Happy to help.

Actually just to make you happier. I'll behave the way you expect me to. I'd like to say that seriously, you are one dumb fuck. Thats name calling.

Did you see what I did there ?

Yes, I saw exactly what you did there. Confirmed my every fear about what type of person you (or your online persona!!! hilarious) is.
I did say I don't want to argue, and that i wanted to discuss. I do, just not with you.

Oh, and the passive aggresive thing? again, hilarious. I have not bullied online or otherwise. Try again
learn to read - i did ask you not to respond - lets just leave it.
have a happy day
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 17:59
Jan 20, 2009, 16:45
Whatever. Your original post was agreeing with me, although you thought you weren't. *shrug* Try reading the weak forum thread to see what I was getting at.

Edit : Your the person who went off on one completely misrepresenting someone else, I didn't do that to you. I made the effort to understand/correct your misinterpretation. In real life do you stick your fingers in your ears and rant at people who are trying to talk to you ?
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Jan 20, 2009, 20:25
succinctly put stray
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 21, 2009, 14:27
heh.... I've never seen anyone as desperately eager as pooley was to be offended, just so he could conveniently opt out of having any debate with stray...
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jan 21, 2009, 15:13
fair enough. OK, NOW CAN WE LEAVE IT????????
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jan 21, 2009, 15:14
Toni Torino wrote:
heh.... I've never seen anyone as desperately eager as pooley was to be offended, just so he could conveniently opt out of having any debate with stray...

Not at all, I am very hard to offend. try it, go on.

I have no interest in debating with Stray. His opinions are unshakeable, be they correct or not
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

The 'P' Word
Jan 23, 2009, 11:26
I used to be puzzled as to why this was an offensive word, as it seemed to me like a shortened version of 'Pakistani'.
I should imagine maybe other folks here have additional info on all this, but here's what I learned a while back, whilst spending many hours in conversation with a Sikh workmate.
He said that it was offensive to him, as he was not 'Pakistani' and is offensive to other people from (or whose heritage comes from) the Indian sub-continent and who are not muslim.
He also said that 'Pak' means 'Clean' (he didn't say whether this was in Urdu, although I imagine it was).
So now I can see how it's extremely offensive to many people.

I also thought about an article on the TV some years back and then searched the net and found it here....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/feb/25/race.world

...this 'business venture' obviously didn't take off!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: The 'P' Word
Jan 23, 2009, 12:12
didn't read the article tj cos i'm busy trying to sort some shit out at home and am jumping on and off. but i'm slightly puzzled why one would be offended by being called 'clean'.

i find the P word offensive so i'm not doing the tory fuck thing i just wonder if you'd elucidate sir. ain't spake for zonks mate hope you and your family are rocking
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index