Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: our racist prince
Jan 12, 2009, 11:13
geoffrey_prime wrote:
America has got something right? Ha!
I for one, would hang on to our monarchy, until my cold, dead hands, ..dropped off..

Ah, the sound of abject America-bashing... OK, Charlton, you keep your royals... you were made for each other.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 11:16
nigelswift wrote:
geoffrey_prime wrote:
he is my prince.

Ha!
It must be several centuries since anyone in Britain said that and meant it

But it's a commonly heard phrase in Walt Disney movies.

Are we sure he's not posting from the Magic Kingdom?
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 11:21
geoffrey_prime wrote:
Well, let me offer some support, he is my prince. I hope we can hear from the perosn who was being referenced in this so called racist assault. If they were happy for this personal nickname to be used, then, obviously, this is another media "whip up".
As I understand it, Harry was making a specific reference to a specific colleague/friend...not a generic reference, which I agree would be racist.
As a secondary point, I am really disappointed at how quickly people now jump on the "pc bandwagon"...even on this site...
We should really challenge the media..

well he aint my bleedin prince . pal,and it is ridiculous of u to say let the person being refrenced say if it is racicst or not, and what bollocks also of u to say that paki may have been his personal nickname, ,have to say u have the smell of middle england,and the daily mail lot, dude, watchin the news this morning and this royal correspondent was, saying oh its ok because he's in the army and it's banter, what bollocks, the word is pure racist shite, if another of his colleagues had been refered to as my little nigger,would the media be so forgiving, which i feel is what, they are trying to do,get rid of the bleedin lot of the muppets,the royals that is
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 12:05
Lest we forget his other colleague who 'looks like a raghead'. Not only does this show Harry to be and idiot it raises wider questions about the degree of casual racism in the armed forces.
If giving someone the nickname 'paki' is something seen as normal banter, similarly the 'raghead' comment, I think the important thing is to investigate this.
To be honest it strikes me that Harry is an idiot caught up in a system where this kind of thing is common and casual, as opposed to an actual racist. I'm not trying to make excuses, I just thing the important issue here is the bigger picture...
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 12:42
Spaceship mark wrote:
Lest we forget his other colleague who 'looks like a raghead'. Not only does this show Harry to be and idiot it raises wider questions about the degree of casual racism in the armed forces.
If giving someone the nickname 'paki' is something seen as normal banter, similarly the 'raghead' comment, I think the important thing is to investigate this.
To be honest it strikes me that Harry is an idiot caught up in a system where this kind of thing is common and casual, as opposed to an actual racist. I'm not trying to make excuses, I just thing the important issue here is the bigger picture...

i don't know dude,i think saying harry is an idiot kind of caught up in a system, where this thing is common place is kind of letting him off the hook, he is supposed to be setting some sort of example, and it will look like to some of the scumbags out there that it gives validation to use these words,also bnp supporters, it could be argued are idiots and caught up in a a system where these words are normal banter, so is the army ,inherently racicst,and for that matter the royal family ,seems certain media parties .like to protect those over priveledged aresoles,and will always excuse harry and his behaviour, because he is a bleedin prince,now if russell brand had made a racist remark , for example,
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 12:59
Oh, I'm not saying he isn't wrong. It's a terrible example and whatever system he's in he should know better than to sink to that level. There's no excuse and he deserves a whole ton of shit.
All I'm saying is it raises the bigger question too...
Wiggy
1696 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 13:14
Yeah ok, but just try getting a decent cup of tea in the States! =;o)
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 13:14
When I was a nipper, I'd hear expressions like 'going for a Chinky' etc and what turned me against growing up speaking like that wasn't so much any fear it may sound racist so much as how *moronic* it sounds.

The use of certain words, social baggage aside, just demonstrate a common lack of 'personal decorum'. I like to think I have some of that about myself, and like most of us I couldn't be more removed from his class of peeps if I tried.

Ha! Shows what a fat lot of good Debretts et al. does:-)

x
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 16:12
Wiggy wrote:
Yeah ok, but just try getting a decent cup of tea in the States! =;o)

Come on over, I'll brew you a beautiful cup of organic Assam any time.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Jan 12, 2009, 16:41
Glad to hear it didn't all end up in Boston harbour.=;o)
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index