64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: It's Too Fucking Good For Him...
Dec 16, 2008, 19:32
shanshee_allures wrote:
My partner was adopted, and there were cultural differences between him and those (now deceased) who adopted him, which sort of gave him clues as they didn't really bother to include him in what that meant very much.

Unfortunately, they didn't tell him he was adopted either, he was left to figure it out for himself, but regardless he always says more than not there was always something 'missing'.

I think it can be possible for adoptive parents to develop a bond in that birth parent way simply through bringing the child up and all that entails.
It's bound to go on all the time.

Suppose the difficulty can lie in the very fact that the topic always has the potential to come up. It never goes away. Like a dad who later finds out his kids aren't his. I can't imagine what imapct that could have.
x

I wasn't suggesting that all adoptions go smoothly, but it does seem that the majority of people who adopt very young children succeed in establishing a normal parental bond with the child.

Of course, there are exceptions. But then, there are also plenty of (very sad) cases in which biological parents completely fail to establish a bond with their offspring.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index