U-Know! Forum »
animal friendly animal food

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zenomatic
Zenomatic
173 posts

animal friendly animal food
Oct 05, 2008, 18:11
hi all, my good wife and i are cutting through the thick jungle that is the path of enlightenment towards 'safe' food for our pet cat - we used to feed her iams, we were horrified to hear that's procter and gamble, so we switched to purina, but we've just found out this is nestle! can't fucking win!!

any advice on this would be much appreciated - maybe we should switch to supermarket brands? or is it as bad to support the supermarkets as it is to support major labels like p & G and nestle?

thanks in advance - zeno, zeno's missus and our cat purdey
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: animal friendly animal food
Oct 05, 2008, 19:11
If you're looking for free range, non-corporate pet food... I would imagine you'd have to buy people food and prepare it for your cat.

I read an article by an animal nutrition expert that there really is no way to substitute vegetable proteins for animal proteins when it comes to cats. Their digestive systems have evolved in such a way that they cannot process veggies... it's got to be some kind of meat, or they get sick.

I guess this can be a dilemma for vegetarians that also love cats... unfortunately, cats just don't possess the omnivorous flexibility that we do.
U-Know! Forum Index